- Almasi, D. W. et al. (2007). Shattered dreams: 100 stories of government abuse. Washington: National Center for Public Policy Research.
- Cochrane, J. (2015). “The Rule of Law in the Regulatory State“. An essay prepared for the conference, The Foundation Of Liberty: Magna Carta After 800 Years held at the Hoover Institution, June 25 2015.
- De Soto, Hernando (1989). The other path: the invisible revolution in the Third World. New York: Harper & Row.
- Dudley, Susan, E. (2016). “Speaker Ryan’s call for regulatory humility.” Opinion in Forbes, June 15.
- Dudley, Susan E., & Brito, Jerry (2012). Regulation: a primer. Mercatus, & GWU Regulatory Studies.
- Frey, Bruno S (2010). Happiness: a revolution in economics. (Munich Lectures in Economics). MIT Press.
- George, H. (1905). Protection or Free Trade. New York: Doubleday. Library of Economics and Liberty [Online].
- Gigerenzer, G. (2015). On the supposed evidence for libertarian paternalism. Review of Philosophy and Psychology, 6(3), 361-383.
- Gorman, Linda (2008). “Minimum wages,” in David R. Henderson (ed.), The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics, 2nd Ed. Library of Economics and Liberty.
- Gratzer, David (2008). The cure: How capitalism can save American health care. Encounter Books.
- Green, K. C., & Armstrong, J. S. (2015). Regulating choice: The need for evidence. Submission 237 to the Australian Senate Economics References Committee Inquiry into “Personal choice and community impacts”. K. C. Green testified as an expert witness at a public hearing on 11 September at Parliament House in Canberra.
- Green, K. C., & Armstrong, J. S. (2012). Evidence on the effects of mandatory disclaimers in advertising. Journal of Public Policy & Marketing, 31, 293 – 304.
- Green, K. C., & Armstrong, J. S. (2008). “Uncertainty, the precautionary principle, and climate change.” Essay on ForecastingPrinciples.com and elsewhere.
- Grier, J. (2017). “We used terrible science to justify smoking bans“. Slate, Feb 13.
- Hayek, F. A. (1944). The road to serfdom. UK: Routledge. [Link is to 1945 Readers Digest version, with supplements, from IEA.]
- Kealey, Terence. (1996). The economic laws of scientific research. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Lott, John, R. (2010). More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws, Third Edition (Studies in Law and Economics), 3rd Edition, Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press.
- McCloskey, D. N. (2016). Bourgeois equality: how ideas, not capital or institutions, enriched the world. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press.
- McGovern, George (1992). A politician’s dream is a businessman’s nightmare. Wall Street Journal, June 1, A12.
- Murray, Charles (2015). By the people: rebuilding liberty without permission. Crown Forum.
- Neumark, D. (2015). The effects of minimum wages on employment. FRBSF Economic Letter, 2015-37.
- Neumark, D., & Wascher, W. L. (2007). Minimum wages and employment. Foundations and Trends in Microeconomics, 3(1-2), 1-182.
- Nisbett, R. E., & Wilson, T. D. (1977). Telling more than we can know: verbal reports on mental processes. Psychological Review, 84, 231–259.
- Olson, Mancur (1971). The logic of collective action: public goods and the theory of groups. Boston: Harvard University Press.
- Pennington, Mark (2011). Robust political economy: classical liberalism and the future of public policy. Cheltenham, UK. Edward Elgar.
- Pipes, Sally (2008). The top ten myths of American health care: A citizen’s guide. Pacific Research Institute.
- Radford, R. A. (1945). The economic organisation of a P.O.W. Economica, 12, 189–201.
- Rubin, Paul H. (2014). Emporiophobia (Fear of Markets): Cooperation or Competition? Southern Economic Journal, 80, 875-889.
- Rubin, Paul H. (2005). Folk economics. Southern Economic Journal, 70, 151-171.
- Schneider, Carl E. (2015). The censor’s hand: The misregulation of human-subject research. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press.
- Schrag, Zachary M. (2014). You can’t ask that. Washington Monthly, September/October.
- Schrag, Zachary M. (2010). Ethical imperialism: Institutional review boards and the social sciences, 1965-2009. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Sowell, Thomas (2015). Wealth, poverty and politics: an international perspective. New York: Basic Books.
- Stigler, G. J. The theory of economic regulation. The Bell Journal of Economics and Management Science, 2(1), 3-21.
- Veenhoven, Ruut (2000a). “Freedom and happiness”, in Diener, E. and Sugh, E.M. (ed.s), Culture and subjective wellbeing. MIT Press, 257–288.
- Veenhoven, Ruut (2000b). Wellbeing in the welfare state: level not higher, distribution not more equitable. Journal of Comparative Policy Analysis, 2, 91-125.
- Winston, Clifford (2008). The efficacy of information policy: A review of Archeron Fung, Mary Graham, and David Weil’s full disclosure: the perils and promise of transparency. Journal of Economic Literature, 46, 704–717.
- Winston, Clifford (2006). Government failure versus market failure: Microeconomics policy research and government performance. AEI-Brookings Joint Center for Regulatory Studies.
- Winston, Clifford (1993). Economic deregulation: days of reckoning for microeconomists. Journal of Economic Literature, 31, 1263-1289.
- Woods, Thomas E. (2009). Meltdown: A Free-Market Look at Why the Stock Market Collapsed, the Economy Tanked, and Government Bailouts Will Make Things Worse. Washington, D.C.: Regnery.
Home » Selected books and articles
Selected books and articles
- About IronLawofRegulation.com
- NEWS: Current regulation issues
- Can surgery save ObamaCare?
- New checklist – REVISED; ELECTRONIC FORM
- Freedom from regulation in the 50 U.S. states
- Will Brexit be exempt from the Iron Law? (Updated 22 June)
- Older News
- Conditions necessary for successful regulation
- Effect of regulation by sector and product
- Remedies for harmful regulation
- Selected books and articles
- Institutions that provide evidence
the iron law of regulation
“There is no form of market failure, however egregious, which is not eventually made worse by the political interventions intended to fix it” -- Original source unknown
Site under construction